When I pick from the dropdown list, initially nothing happens. But
when I then click OK, the currect stock price of the selected ticker
symbol is displayed in the text entry on the right.

I can't get the original FlexJS example to work in Flash Builder, so I
can't check on the intended functionality. Clicking buttons does stuff
in the JS FalconJx produced (start/stop timer, transfer text from
entry to display etc.), so I figured events and stuff were working. If
there is a specific functionality you're missing, maybe we can home in
on that and see what's causing it.

Also, more of relevance probably: I didn't tweak the JS output of
FalconJx other than use 'goog.bind()' where appropriate and I didn't
parse the "new WhatEver" object instantiation to the FlexGlobals
implementation. I just left 'm be.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software