On 4/15/13 8:09 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2013 8:02 AM, "Alex Harui" <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> Fine with me.  FWIW, I think we do need an official vote.  My current
>> understanding is that the only non-committer contributions that don't
> need a
>> vote are patches.
>>

> I am sorry, but I don't think that is a vote is required.  Can you point us
> to some policy or discussion threads regarding this, where you think this
> decision was made?

Greg Reddin said here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flex-dev/201303.mbox/%3cCAKWVykWKAz
p1pjf0mcbv2c+d8zuf-ufkeiby1ywxpzmbn1o...@mail.gmail.com%3e

That the template here:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

implies that a vote is required.

Now if someone cobbles together a new component and submits it in JIRA, I
think that might not need a vote.  But my interpretation is that stuff that
already exists and especially, has been made public before, probably does.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team