Alex, I understand what you say. So, basically there is no goal to try to
keep the MXML format compatible, right? If there is no such goal then
perhaps we do not need to support legacy properties like automationName.

I am not sure it is needed at all when one can make sure the 'id' property
is set to a meaningful and descriptive value. I cannot see a valid use case
when one would want to have a 'name' for automation purposes that is
different from the 'id'. If one is concerned with developing an automation
friendly app just make sure to set the 'id' properties.

Actually the only reason why I thought supporting 'automationName' property
is good idea is because it could be already specified in existing MXML
files. However if those MXML files are not going to be compiled by FalconJX
without modification I see no point in supporting 'automationName'.

I will stop pursuing this further unless there are other opinions on the
subject.

Tigran.