I have been experimenting with a GitHub based workflow for the whiteboard
repos for our committers.  Here is the workflow I would like to propose:

* Apache Flex creates an 'Organization' account GitHub
* Each Apache Flex committer is encouraged to create an account on GitHub
* The committer then posts their GitHub id on dev@flex.apache.org and asks
to be added to the ApacheFlex@GitHub account
* The Apache Flex PMC will add the committer's GitHub id to the
ApacheFlex@GitHub account.
* In the contributing.md file [1] at the root of each committer's github
project, there will be information about Apache's contribution guidelines
including a link to the ICLA [2]
* Any public contributor is free to fork an ApacheFlex committer's github
project.
* The contributor makes a few modifications and is ready to send a 'Pull
request' to the Apache Flex committer
* Before the 'Pull Request' can be sent, GitHub will automatically point
the contributor to take a look at the contribution guidelines first.
* Theoretically the contributor reads the contribution guidelines, agrees
to it implicitly and clicks the 'Send Pull Request' button.
* The Apache Flex Committer now will have a chance to peruse the commits
and decide whether or not to accept the pull request.

There is another alternative I have been working on as well.  There is a
CLAHub [3] plugin for GitHub.  The workflow for this is described in the
same link [3].  I have been experimenting with this plugin but have found
various issues with it.  I am currently working with the plugin's creator,
Jason Morrison and support@GitHub to fix these issues.  They have been very
helpful so far.  I hope to be able to fix all the issues soon and send out
a demo.

Please let me know if the above mentioned steps are sufficient or if
something like CLAHub plugin would be better.

Thanks,
Om

[1] https://github.com/blog/1184-contributing-guidelines
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt