On 5/10/13 6:26 AM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> or I've lost my mind and it's sent to "dev@flex.apache.org"
>
> It's set to dev@flex.apache.org but it's from j...@flex.com.au, filter on the
> from address.  Even web based client emails can do filtering so it's shouldn't
> be that hard.

While I agree that filtering should work, it is possible for us to request a
new mailing list.  It requires a vote.

But I think an important question is: should committers be allowed to
"ignore" JIRA emails?  Sure, we can't control what you filter out from your
email client, but hopefully you will work on JIRA issues someday and will
want to see other folk's comments on those issues, even months after you
worked on it.  Do we know if committers who don't sign up for JIRA emails
but "watch" JIRA issues they work on will still receive notification emails?
And if that does work, that might be better than having a client side filter
which might also filter the watch notification email?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team