Hi,

> Like I said, probably not worth your time.  The overhead of proxy is known
> to be pretty high.

Looking at the code I'm not even sure what the try catch is in there as there
nothing that can throw an exception.

It probably could be simplified to (it may even be faster).

    override flash_proxy function getProperty(name:*):*
    {
        if (name is QName)
            name = name.localName;

        var n:Number = parseInt(String(name));

        if (isNaN(n))
        {
            message = resourceManager.getString(
                "collections", "unknownProperty", [ name ]);
            throw new Error(message);
        }
        else
        {
            // If caller passed in a number such as 5.5, it will be floored.
            return getItemAt(int(n));
        }
    }

getItemAt with throw correct exception if n < 0