That should work, Tom.  Maybe a simple skinning example to go with this
would be nice as well.

The point is to have simple examples out there for people to know that
these components exist and can be used.  As more people use it, we will be
able to make them better and fix any bugs they find.

You can post on the dev@flex.apache.org to ask for wiki access.  Quality
contributions will be a good way to get invited to become a committer.
 Committers have access to the git and website repos.  Then we can figure
out a permanent home for the tutorials and examples section on the website.

Also, it would be nice to create separate JIRA tasks for each component you
are planning on writing examples for.  This way folks know that your
working on it and there won't be duplicated efforts.

Thanks,
Om