As we were discussing some options in the thread "Alerts and dialogs in
FlexJS", we started to elaborate on dialog implementation in general. This
was carrying us away from the initial question so I started this new thread.

One of the initial topics was the possibility to declare Alerts/Dialogs as
mxml tags instead of using the old static function, something like this:

<fx:declarations>
    <s:Alert id="alert" title="myTitle" text="myMessage"
close="handleAlertClose(event)"/>
</fx:declarations>

<s:Button label="show alert" click="alert.open()"/>

I mentioned that I had already created such an implementation, which can be
found at https://github.com/RIAstar/SkinnablePopUpFx
There's also a live demo at http://riastar.github.io/SkinnablePopUpFx/

Some people seemed to like the idea and asked some questions, which I'll
try to answer next.

Max