I'm not going to be able to have another go at compiling it myself directly on Linux till Tuesday...
From memory, it hits a bug in the 2.6 AIR SDK.

But I think the project would get a lot of positive vibes from the (vocal :-) ) Linux crowd for shipping a Linux installer, even if it's marked as 'beta' or 'experimental' for .10 and then bumped to supported for .11. Just going by the blog comments on every previous release :-)

Tom