Well, I guess we can choose the default many ways.

The lowest version the SDK will compile to ?
The lowest version supported by Adobe across all our platforms ?
The newest version supported by Adobe across all our platforms ?
The latest and greatest released version ?

There's up and down sides to both. I'd argue it should be the lowest version number we support that Adobe provide updates for; though I'm not sure if that's 11.1 or .2

Tom