Hi list,

ok the subject is maybe not completely clear, so I will try to explain a little
bit.

I think it would be nice to have a List component which works like the "indexed
list table view"
on iOS as component for web and desktop/mobile.

Maybe every iOS / OS X user has already seen such a list.

But I think it would be a good idea to explain usability.

As you can seen here in the picture [1], on top of the list is name of the
current index.
In the example it's "A". The indexes have the same row on top of every "index".
And when you
scroll down to "B", the top "B-index-row" will move to the top of the list and
will stay there
(when showing all children of B).

I think it's clear what I mean.

Would it worth to integrate such a list in Flex? Or could this be realized with
Item-Render (but I don't think so)?

[1]
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/userexperience/conceptual/tableview_iphone/Art/tv_indexed_list.jpg

Thanks!