On 9/10/13 4:44 AM, "Nicholas Kwiatkowski" <nicho...@spoon.as> wrote:

>Understood.  My thought was on more testing participation in general, not
>just committers.  Either way, I would venture to say that at least 50% of
>our committers list has never gotten Mustella to fully compile on their
>computers yet.  And that may be from lack of participation to having
>technical issues that they may not feel like they can ask because they are
>a committer.  Hell, there were a few times when I didn't place a vote on
>an
>RC because I couldn't tell if I broke my own testing suite or if the SDK
>was broken.
50%?  We have 40 committers and I'd be surprised if Mustella was run by
more than 10.
I'd love to make it easier, especially if there is something simple that
will have a big payoff.

For me, I have a shell script that sets up the required environment
variables plus FLEX_HOME.

When an RC comes out, I un-tar it and run the shell script, and run ant
main checkintests in the rc folder.  It should ignore FLEX_HOME and just
use everything within itself but use the same player and other externals.
Also, I cheat and copy the "in" folder from my git repo to the rc's in
folder so downloads go quickly.

Once that passes, I change FLEX_HOME to point to the RC, switch back to my
git repo and run mustella from there.  That's because mustella is not
bundled in the RC and it avoids my having to change my httpd.conf to point
somewhere else.

Seems like there is one more setting I need to change, but I can't recall
it at this moment.

-Alex