On Sep 24, 2013 5:29 PM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
wrote:

> >Oh - I suppose that as a Flex Developer I should have known to connect
the dots.  In my opinion though, the "stand - alone" Open Spoon
Foundation's website comes off as looking >abandon.  So if that is the case
- I would recommend asking them / us to take it down.

> Jack,
>
> You're not missing something and it is likely a good idea at this point.
Open Spoon pre-dated the Apache effort and then worked during the
transition period to help keep Flex as alive as possible and provide some
connection between Adobe's announcements and Apache being up and running.
Spoon was also kept alive as a separate entity which could accept donations
directly and apply those to the good of Apache Flex, which we did to fund
travel for some members, etc. during the early days of this initiative.

> After that point various volunteers used the foundation as a way to keep
in touch with our corporate sponsors, however, as is the way with open
source, the volunteers doing that work have either moved on or have moved
here. Given that the Apache project stands well on its own now, and we
haven't received an offer for a corporate contribution in a long time, it
makes sense to bring the Spoon website to a close and ensure that all
communication remains here.

> The github account was closed down about a week ago and we will get the
website down shortly.

Thanks for the update, Mike.  Any chance you could redirect to
flex.apache.org for a few months before shutting it down?

Thanks,
Om