Hi team,

While working on the asdoc for MobileGrid, I came to the following thoughts and
propositions that I would like to share with you:

1)      Include-examples in the ASDOC:

As I said in a previous thread (09/28/2013 13:25 CET  "RE: Mobile datagrid
component integration (ASDOC)"), the current ASDOC build does not include the
includeExamples.
That's because examples-path is missing,
but even if you set it, it still does not work, because it expects the examples
to be in one single directory, whereas they are currently scattered in the
different framework/**/asdoc/examples.
So we may need to make a change to the build  to have the examples copied to
one single place (typically in asdoc-output).

I can do this change.

--------

2)      Using flex-examples in the ASDOC
Since I included a sample application of MobileGrid in flex-exemples repo, I
thought it could be nice to have a link to it from the ASDOC,
So I added the following :

  @see
https://github.com/apache/flex-examples/tree/develop/showcase/4.11/components/mobilegrid/index.html
 Examples of MobileGrid usage on ApacheFlex github

(note that the link still points to the develop branch)

If you think it's desirable to extend this to other components as well, then we
need to modify ASDOC compiler to include a new parameter, something like
"flex-examples-path"
That would contain the base url:
"https://github.com/apache/flex-examples/tree/develop/showcase/4.11";
So that we don't have to modify all the asdocs,  when moving to release
branch...

I can do the change in the ASCompiler java code  (with some help)

-------

3)      Experimental components

Someone has raised the issue that experimental components  could be marked as
such, maybe using a specific metadata (eg [Experimental]).
I thought that ASDOC compiler could use this metadata to display a disclaimer,
much like the disclaimer for Deprecated components, or for discouraging the use
of component on mobile platforms.

I can try to do that change (both in TopLevelClassesGenerator.java and in the
asdoc/build.xml)

4)      BUG in ASDOC

a)       ASDOC @see does not handle external links with https:// protocol if
the link does not point to an html file.

This is the case for github links,   so I had to append /index.html to the link
so that it's accepted.

I can fix that in TopLevelClassesGenerator.java and in asdoc/build.xml (and
other sub-files)

Regards,

Maurice

Maurice Amsellem
SYSTAR R&D - BusinessBridgeFX
[Description : Telephone:] +33(0)1 49 11 45 62  /  [Description : Mobile
Phone:] +33(0)6 07 48 95 43