I think what Jeff proposed was something like this:

someList.addEventListener("someCustomEventString",someHandler);

and in your itemRenderer, you just dispatch

dispatchEvent(new CustomEvent("CustomEventString"),bubbles=true)

No need to add and remove eventListeners based on the items created. There
are a few things to take in consideration:
1) Try to avoid generic events, create a custom Event Class and override
clone() (for bubbling)
2) create any property you might need to access in your handlers.

João Fernandes

--

João Fernandes