Yes, thanks Pratyoosh for looking into this and helping out!

I could imagine someone wanting to make a custom pop-up by doing something
like:

<basic:Container>
   <basic:beads>
      <basic:NonVirtualVerticalLayout />
      <basic:PopupBead />
   </basic:beads>
</basic:Container>

(but maybe in ActionScript) so having popup-ability be a good would be a
good thing. But a lot of controls wouldn't make sense (e.g., ButtonBar) on
their own. I was wondering if the PopUpBead would just ignore a strand
that didn't implement IContainer.

--peter