It wasn't "official marketing" or buggy code.  The problem was the
non-official marketing.  I.e. , Adobe's CEO and other decision makers
deciding to abandon Flash and to give mixed messages to companies as to
whether or not it would continue to be supported and how.

They would rather people buy their products for a solution that doesn't
always work, rather than support a working system that they believe will no
longer be needed once their new products become popular enough.

brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
and the number 47