Hi Justin,

>What to stop users sharing that URL and/or user credentials around?

I thought about it too and ended to think I don't want to add more
restrictions than what exists today, I mean today, once you accepted a
license and downloaded an Adobe Artifact, you can share it as you like,
that's not even nominative.
I just want to replicate the actual security, so, yes, if an user wants to
share the credentials, it can do it, as it can do it with the artifact
itself.

> As long as you make it clear that these are not official releases and for
development use only as per Apache policy.

Np, it will be suffixed with "-SNAPSHOT " with means in Maven, non-released

> Could it cope with it load and the costs that is likely to incur (assume
100 or 200 installs a day)? Who owns and maintains the server? Could the
apache Flex PMC be given access to it?

>From what I understand, I'm not charged or should be very low rate, I will
verify anyway, can't do it now, windowsazure has a 401.
I own and maintain the server, it is the same kind than the Erik ones, it
will serve me for some of my devs too (probably) or / and to test the SDK
RCs and I can give access to PMCs who ask me.

Thanks,
-Fred