On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 11/14/13 10:57 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> >>understand
> >>context?

> >> I looked at the commit diffs again.  I missed seeing earlier that you
> >>want
> >> to propagate rolloverindex to the List's API surface in order to
> >> communicate that information to the DataGrid.  I was thinking that there
> >> can be some other List that represents the List that is a column in the
> >> DG.  In theory it can be built out of most of the same pieces as List.
> >>

> >I wanted to do that anyways.  Right now, when there is more than a page of
> >data, three scrollbars (for 3 columns) show up.  I wanted to create a
> >pared
> >down version of ListView that takes in an optional ScrollBar.  And allow
> >the DataGridView to have a scrollbar.  Any thoughts on that?
> Does the ScrollBar need to be optional for ListView?  IMO, the custom
> ListView wouldn't have a scrollbar at all.

(Option 1:)
I thought the ScrollBar could be a view bead that we can inject into
ListView as needed.

(Option 2:)
Or do you mean that we create a new DataGridColumnListView with everything
in ListView except for ScrollBar and add RollOver behavior like you
mentioned earlier?

Option 2 means that we are not DRY.  With option 1, we can use a ListView
in mobile as well where there is no need for a visible scrollbar.