On 12/9/13 4:01 AM, "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil> wrote:

>    It's an interesting concept, but since we do not have a solid
>open-source skin drawing application,  we need a different solution.
>Styles make sense in that the skin has the same components but can be
>adjusted with styles/CSS.  Which should also work with the new FlexJS.
>It's probably better it doesn't affect custom skins... if they customized
>them, they had a specific design in mind and probably wouldn't want it
>changing by itself.
FlexJS skinning is different from Spark/MX skinning.  But that's for a
different discussion.

>    I added the default placement (in defaults.css) to be to the right
>which is what the current skin sets up.  If we want we can also add the
>case statement to default any non-matching string values to the right as
>well.
>
>    <s:Label id="labelDisplay"
>             textAlign="start"
>             verticalAlign="middle"
>             maxDisplayedLines="1"
>             left="18" right="0" top="3" bottom="3" verticalCenter="2" />

Sorry, I mixed up left vs. right, but my point is that not everyone uses
the defaults.css in the framework but may use the default skin so the skin
should do what it used to do if that style is not in the css.