Hi,

I've added a simple BarChart component to the ActionScript FlexJS SDK; it is
modeled on the MX Charts package. I also included an example of using it,
located in the FlexJS examples directory.

I developed the BarChart in ActionScript but it can be cross-compiled into
JavaScript and produces the same chart. The BarChartExample has the sources in
the project so that you can compile it for either ActionScript or JavaScript.
I've included a README  in that project with more information.

The intent, as with the DataGrid, is to develop more complex components in
ActionScript and cross-compile them into JavaScript, saving a lot of time.
While doing this project I had to hand-craft a JavaScript component to display
the bars since the ActionScript version relies on the Flash Player's Shape
class and that is not available in HTML. I think this really illustrates the
potential of FlexJS where you can have a good set of fundamental components
that are environment specific (e.g., Button, Label, and TextInput) which must
be crafted for all environments, but complex components can be written in
ActionScript and just cross-compiled into JavaScript.

My next task is add some simple axis labeling.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems