I think  SWD is only relevant for ActionScript 1.0 and 2.0.  Flash files
with debugging turned on would produce a swd file.

When debugging was toggled on in the Flash Player (and a debugging swf was
loaded), a call for the swf's swd would be made.

I just did a small test, creating a debuggable Flash file; when I compile
it for AS2.0, the swd file is generated; when targeting AS3.0, no swd file
is created.