I checked in the bug fixes I was working on.  Are you going to do a big
merge at the end or should we merge each change to release4.12.0 to
develop as we go?  I'm done for tonight so I'll merge in the morning if
that's the plan.

I'll take a crack at the README and RELEASE_NOTES tomorrow as well.

Also tomorrow, I'll start a series of discussions about the new installer.

-Alex