Hello again,

I'm working on an issue where none of my popups display correctly in
chrome.  This is via PopUpManager.addPopup().  I know there is a bug logged
with chromium about this:

However, I'm wondering if anyone has come across a workaround (no matter
how out of the way it may be).  I work on an app where there are lots of
"wizard" popups and info boxes and in chrome, the majority of the time they
just don't display.  The modal overlay is there, just not the popup.  I've
tried all kinds of combinations of popup parents and childList settings and
have modified the popup components that I'm using.  I've tried modal and
not, and I've tried forcing invalidatedisplayList() on the parent and popup
with no luck.

I've tried setting wmode="opaque" and wmode="transparent" after reading
that this might force hardware acceleration off (but it doesn't seem to in
my case).

The only fixes I've found are to turn hardware acceleration off in chrome
settings or disable the built-in flash player in favor of the plugin.
 Unfortunately, that's not really a viable option to have thousands of
users do.

Interestingly enough, when I turn modal off on the popup, it seems to
sometimes work.  I'd really prefer not to "un-modalize" all my popups for a
temporary bug in chrome.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Jake