On 3/11/14 10:40 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> I don't doubt that, but aren't they stubs and not actual
>>implementations?
>They are actually implemented in AS in the information I've found. Not
>eveything is marked native. You can add EventDispatcher to that short
>list. [1]
My understanding is that there is a bunch of .as files in Adobe's SCM that
represent every class in the API.  These classes have every method and
property, but the method bodies are empty.  These classes are annotated
with ASDoc and used to generate the ASLR and playerglobal.swc.

But at runtime the actual code that runs is written in C.  And that's why
every Flex SWF I know of can be compiled with playerglobal.swc in the
external library path.  No code from playerglobal.swc gets linked in to
the SWF yet those SWFs run fine.