The list of committer responsibilities, listed on Apache website, includes this:

Helping out with the web site
The main Apache web site and the project web sites are in constant need of maintenance. The Committers on a project are expected to collectively maintain the project's web site. The Apache Committers as a whole share the responsibility to maintain the main Apache site.

From the above, i infer that each committer MUST provide a picture/bio.

"...Committers as a whole share the responsibility to maintain..." but only the committer themselves can provide the content.

Sorry to stir things, but inactive committers 'staying on the books' so they have something nice for their CV annoys me no end.