On 3/16/2014 9:28 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
Jeffry if you're still against this and there's no word changes that make it
acceptable to you I'll give up and move onto something else.
 The wording is much better and less confrontational.

I still have reservations about the need for an email like this. If committers are engaged in the project and actively working on things; they already know everything in the letter. If they aren't--for whatever reason--sending the letter is not going to change their priorities or other commitments. It may make them feel guilty for not devoting enough time to their volunteer efforts on Apache Flex. My interpretation of "The Apache Way" is to lead by example. This email is too close to nagging for my tastes, and I don't think it should be signed by the "Apache Flex PMC Team"; as I don't believe we should be pro-actively nagging committers in an formal way.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur