I'm developing a PieChart component for FlexJS. I've got a decent start on the
ActionScript version. I want to use SVG for the JavaScript version. From what I
can tell, SVG is not supported at all on IE8. It seems that anyone who really
wants to run on IE8 substitutes a bitmap for the SVG when they detect an IE8
browser.

I'd like to get the community's opinion on this. Should we bother to try to
support IE8 (and any other browser that doesn't support SVG)?

I do understand that there are levels of SVG support; I am hoping basic SVG
line drawing and color-fill are common across modern browsers.

Thanks,

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems