Angular is not really components. It’s more the glue that holds the components
together.

Basically, the selling point of Angular is how it binds javascript to HTML.
Building custom Angular components is the hardest part of using the framework
(and for the most part is not part of the framework itself). They call them
“directives” and they have very unintuitive json markup that goes with the js
code.

Angular pretty strongly prescribes how the app is put together and it’s
comprised of HTML template and directive files which comprise the view, and
controller/factory/service files which comprise the model and controller.