There seems to be two problems. The first is easily solvable: the
build_example.xml has the HTML wrapper size restricted and it could be
changed to 100% x 100%.

The second problem seems more insidious. The SWF just seems blank and I
have to investigate that further. The JS output that is being created is
incorrect:

BarChartExample.js winds up with this:

BarChartExample = function() {
  BarChartExample.base(this, 'constructor');

whereas the version created using the launch config in Flash Builder
creates this:

BarChartExample = function() {
  goog.base(this);

Not sure what is going on with the ANT build from flex-asjs/examples.
Maybe I have something out of date.

I need to see if other examples are having the same issues.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems