Continuing in a separate thread:

> What does it take for a willing volunteer to start helping out? Does
> he/she
> > have to be a awesome graphics artist and a hardcore coder to help out, or
> > can anyone familiar with application development step in?
>
> I can take care of converting the graphic elements from AI to FXG.  Any
> Flex developer who is familiar with spark component development can help
> out.
>
> It's basically assigning new FXG assets to each existing skin state.
>
> Since most of the hard work has already been done when creating the new
> Android skins, it should be straightforward to make a copy of the skin and
> modify it with the iOS assets.

As I’m late to the mobile skinning party, let me get try to get this clear:

1. we create a public branch of ‘flex-sdk’ -> new_ios_skins
2. in that branch we copy
"frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src/spark/skins/android4” and rename it
"frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src/spark/skins/ios7”
3. we replace the contents of ‘assets’ with the new FXG files Om prepared
4. we go through all the components skin classes and replace all references
to 'spark.skins.android4.assets’ with 'spark.skins.ios7.assets'
5. …
6. profit!

Is this basically correct, or am I missing something? What about
testing/tweaking? Step 5 might need some clarification ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27