Hi,

> The notion that you can compare the timelines or the number of RCs of two
> different point releases of the same product

It was the same product, similar scope of changes and you get similar results
if you include the 1.0 release into the mix (which had fewer RCs than I was
expecting). I think the data speaks for itself.

> I don’t think you can count RC0 given that its posting was not part of the
> “no RC” process,

RCO was created after the start of the process if you check the dates.

> If it wasn’t clear when to call the vote, then that’s a topic worth
> improving on for the next release.  One suggestion would be for folks to
> unofficially vote with a -1, 0, or +1 in the discuss thread so RM can know
> where they stand.

If we're going to do that we might as well call a vote, having a vote for a
vote is getting a bit silly and serves little purpose. Should we then have a
vote in order to have a vote on a vote? :-)