On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...we decided to add a new “all caps” file called
> “CONTRIBUTING" to our release packages.  In examining the package, I found
> the file was misspelled as “CONTRIBITING” and felt that because it was in
> the top-level listing it would be worth spelling that correctly....

This is a typical example of something that feels like a release
blocker to some people, while others couldn't care less and will want
to move forward.

So it's back to the discussion about vetoes being harmful. If you
allow them, people who care about this can block a release, even if
the majority of the PMC doesn't want to delay a release for something
that they see as a minor issue.

That's where the Apache best practices say the majority is right, at
the expense of disappointing the minority and for the benefit of
projects moving forward faster by trusting the majority.

-Bertrand