On 1/28/15, 9:45 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Wednesday, January 28, 2015, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>>  My current thinking is that we keep the Apache Headers in the
>> source file [1] and give attribution in a NOTICE.test file...
>
>> Justin’s position is that he wants to remove the Apache header and
>>replace
>> it with a header that calls out that most of the content came from the
>> public domain...
>
>I much prefer that second option, IIUC that text is clearly in the public
>domain, so it's not licensed to Apache as the current header implies.

Ok, I’m fine if we do that.  This is the frustrating part of Apache IP
handling.  Commons Compress seems to have used Apache headers around the
7zip code they use and give attribution in the NOTICE per the
legal-resolved page.  It just seems that once you start mixing content
that isn’t public domain (in this case the TLF markup) if you have to
determine the % of IP in order to determine which header to use it adds
extra overhead.