On Apr 26, 2015 5:27 PM, "WelshAndy" <a...@eazyweb.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to add custom labels to a ToggleSwitch in a mobile project
> using AS3 rather than MXML? I need to add custom labels & add via AS3. Im
> using Flex 4.14 & FB4.7.
> Ive created the external package (using the usual MyToggleSwitch sample
out
> there) and that works just fine when calling via MXML, but for my project
> add the controls in AS3, & need to change the default labels to On & Off
in
> AS3. Is this possible?
> Thanks

It should be possible,  but in a bit of a tedious way.  The ToggleSwitch
component documents says this:

The ToggleSwitch control uses the following default values for
*  the unselected and selected labels: OFF (unselected) and ON (selected).
*  Define a custom skin to change the labels, or to change other visual
*  characteristics of the control.</p>
*
*  <p>The following skin class, defined as a subclass of
*  spark.skins.mobile.ToggleSwitchSkin, changes the labels to Yes and
No:</p>
*
*  <pre>
*  package skins
*  // components\mobile\skins\MyToggleSwitchSkin.as
*  {
*      import spark.skins.mobile.ToggleSwitchSkin;
*
*      public class MyToggleSwitchSkin extends ToggleSwitchSkin
*      {
*          public function MyToggleSwitchSkin()
*          {
*              super();
*              // Set properties to define the labels
*              // for the selected and unselected positions.
*              selectedLabel="Yes";
*              unselectedLabel="No";
*      }
*  }