For me, experienced with Flex, flex.apache.org is totally not useful. If I am
new to Flex and go on website, I would be confused and give up.

It does not look like some SDK website. More like some template site left
alone. That big slider on frontpage? Come on... For every release one text
line is enough with more link. So much unsed blank space, almost every image
and titles are too large, no consistency on typography, but most important -
content text - is too small, and Carrois Gothic is hard to read...

For me, at least first things I want to see on front page (not hidden in
menu) are: latest release info, simple 123 get started, download,
documentation and tour de flex.