I don't think an AIR app has any access to anything outside of it's own little square on the desktop.

There was a [commercial] native extension to take screenshots, I think the name was Nitro Screen cap; but it no longer appears to be available.

There is also this one that came up in a Google Search: https://github.com/pcichon/ScreenShooter

I assume you can tweak the native extension to take video instead of a screenshot.,

On 6/29/2015 11:17 PM, David Frank wrote:
Hi Jasen,

Thank you for your email. I was looking for a pure AS3/Flex way of doing this
without any 3rd party tools. Some code sample out there that captures your
screen and sends the data through a NetStream connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

From: Jasen Martin [jasen.mar...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 7:15 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Screenshare in AIR

David

This may help: http://red5pro.com/docs/

Jasen

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:10 AM, David Frank <david.fr...@on24.com> wrote:

Hey guys,

I would really really appreciate it if someone could throw some answers on
the following:

1.       Is it possible to build a ScreenSharing AIR desktop/mobile
application in Flex (without using any kind of proprietary plugin of
sorts)? The application would simply capture my screen and send the video
stream out to an FMS server.

2.       If it is possible, can you kindly point me to an example or
documentation on it, please?

These are desperate times for Flex in my workplace, and I'm the last one
on the ship! Every little input would greatly help.

Thank you very much!

- David

Jasen Martin
0424 984 955