On Oct 2, 2015 2:23 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I would like to take the opportunity to ask the people registered to our
mailing lists regarding their experience with the builds of our projects.

> Q1: Have you ever built flex-sdk, flex-falcon, flex-asjs, ...?

Yes.

> Q2: Did you have any problems with this?

I used to have problems,  but usually ended up figuring a way out.

> Q3: If you were having problems, would making this easier make you
contribute (more)?

Most definitely.   I jump in and out of contributing to Flex and FlexJS.
And stay out of the loop completely for weeks or even months together.   I
always struggle to get back into the groove.  I end up spending quite a bit
of time setting up the env. and builds each time.

> Q4: Do you think it is important to have the latest development version
available as binaries (via Installer and Maven)?

For Flex, I think it is time to start supporting Maven builds.

For FlexJS, since it is evolving a lot,  I am more comfortable with Ant.  I
dont know Maven will enough to do new stuff with it.

> I would greatly appreciate if the one or the other on our lists could
take the time to answer at least some of these questions.

Thanks for starting this conversation!

Regards,
Om