When I log in, there is a Create drop down.  If you click on the arrow
button on the right half of the drop down , it seems to restrict your
choices to Service Desk issues.  If you actually click on the word
"Create" on the left half of the drop down, it allows me to create new
Flex issues.

Let me know if that doesn't work and we'll dig deeper.

-Alex