@Harbs,

I don't know enough about Git and branching to know if this is the right
way to "archive" stuff before deleting, but I would think that branch
would need special handling after it is created because any attempt to
merge with that branch might result in the deletion of that code.

@Mark & Mike,

Where would you create such an archive folder such that it doesn't show up
when grep-ing the code?  IMO, that's the goal: on GitHub and locally, I
don't want these files to be found by search tools.

@Mike,

I would caution against calling that code base "garbage".  It worked well
enough to produce the early prototypes, and you never know when we might
want to seek the advice and participation of its author.  Yeah, some parts
of it were really hard to learn, but it did do things that I had to go fix
again in FalconJX, and I think FalconJX still runs several of the phases
of the CompilationUnit code that we may need to stop doing some day for
performance reasons and go through another round of bug fixing when we do,
because semantic errors seem to be caught during reduction.  FalconJS was
leveraging the CompilationUnit phases.

-Alex