From: Marcus Fritze
<marcus.fri...@googlemail.com<mailto:marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>>
Date: Monday, February 8, 2016 at 12:53 PM
To: "dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>"
<dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: [FlexJS] a little bit promotion for flexJS?

Hi,

last weekend I found the list „web application frameworks" on github [1]

I was wondering why FlexSDK or FlexJS is not on this list. Isn’t Flex a "web
application framework"?

It seems that list is generated automatically by the star-ratings of every
project hosted in github in that category.  FlexSDK [2] has 258 stars and the
FlexJS [3] has 27. Is the acceptance really so low and a niche product compared
to the first one - Meteor - on that list?

It seems that Meteor is the new way to go for a lot of developers who are
starting a new project in 2016….

If Flex (SDK and JS) would be on that list, maybe more people - who are maybe
not familiar with Flex - could use and maybe improve Flex. As I said in my
subject, a little bit promotion for flexJS.

I don’t know the current user statistics of the flex homepage or the flex
installer. Does it makes sense to add a github star button on the flex homepage
or the installer? So everybody who likes Flex and visits the site or runs the
installer, can give a star. So the more stars Flex has, the more popular will
it get (according to that list). And I think more users will also result in
more active contributors.

Ok, the current contributors per star quote is really really good. 37% for
flexJS and 13% for flexSDK. For Meteor it’s 0,82%.

Best regards

Marcus

[1] https://github.com/showcases/web-application-frameworks
[2] https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk