From: Alex Harui [mailto:aha...@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 7:42 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event: Monday April 4, 2016 in San Francisco

It's on!  The conference room is booked and I've got my plane tickets.
Even if you already said you will attend, please reply again to confirm.

The event will be held in the ATS Training Room at Adobe's San Francisco office
located at 601 Townsend St.

The current agenda is:
 9:30am Doors Open
10:00am Introduction to FlexJS - Alex Harui 11:00am Writing JavaScript in
ActionScript - Omprakash Muppirala 12:00pm - 5:00pm (or later)
Hackathon/Hands-on Training/Open Discussion

There will be lunch as part of the afternoon session.  Impromptu presentations
on other aspects of FlexJS may be put together and presented in the afternoon
as discussion topics arise.

At the end of the morning sessions, you will have seen how FlexJS works and how
you can use MXML and ActionScript to write applications that run in browser and
as desktop and mobile apps with or without the Flash/AIR runtime.  And you will
have an understanding of how ActionScript is being used to write JavaScript
with greater developer productivity.  Did you
know:  there are no longer any .js files in the FlexJS code base.  All
JavaScript we need is written in ActionScript and cross-compiled.  No more
forgetting to type 'this.' or mis-typing a property name and finding out at
run-time.

At the end of the afternoon session, you will have installed the FlexJS SDK and
written (at least) a simple application and, if interested, set up the FlexJS
development environment so you can contribute to the future of Flex.

Hope to see you there.
-Alex

PS:  If this event proves to be successful, we might stage other events in
other regions during the year.  Seattle is certainly a possibility.