Von: Michael Schmalle <teotigraphix...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 14. März 2016 18:02
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX
0.6.0

Yeah lets not get started on the whole parsing js files. :)

What I liked about gcc is it abstracted the AST and took care of the
parsing irregularities of JS.

The problem is the AST walking like I did in ExternC, I had to template
that as though I knew I was parsing prototypes as the extern definition
says.

It also relies on jsdoc tags so add another layer. JS is just a pain in the
ass to deal with, plain and simple. Years ago I was able create a grammar,
parser and a read/write framework for ActionScript using ANTLR only because
it closely followed a spec, I hate JS for this reason. :)

I just hate duplicating work and that is why I asked Josh what I did, I
totally wasn't asking him to donate anything.

Mike