I appreciate it. I think just rewording it might fix some issues. An
example response I would have liked to hear would have been,

We appreciate the offer you are making to donate or maintain your project
at Apache Flex. We know you've worked hard on your project and know your
desire is for it to benefit the greater Flex, Flash and web Platform
community. Before we can accept your donation we need to make sure of the
following things:

A. The code being donated is good in legal aspects.
C. The code is related to the platform in some way, shape or form.
B. The code being donated has some documentation, some examples and if
possible the author is accessible to answer questions

I understand that in some projects you don't want someone to "dump" a
project on you that you won't maintain. But in this sense, in the developer
community, a lot of things are a work in progress and under go many
revisions. Flex is roughly on it's 8th major revision if you count the
original two Flash component sets, Flex 1-4 and one or two major revisions
of FlexJS / Falcon, not counting Starling, Feathers and other related
revisions.

So the components Tink donated years ago IIRC weren't completely finished
(from what I read at the time they were still in progress) or that he may
not even be part of the community anymore to maintain it. I still would
have liked to have his and others work integrated into a sub swc whether
they completely fit or not. Plus it's important to remember that people
move on, change jobs, change careers whatever.

Alex wrote:
> So to be more clear, I am interested in collecting things related to Flex
that the community wants to maintain and improve.  AS3Commons, SWIZ,
Parsley, and all of those other 3rd party things that lots of folks use
and are afraid the server that serves them might go away.  But only if we
have folks here willing to help maintain and create releases for that
code, which is why there will be votes on each one.

I agree. I can't tell you how many sites are down that used to host Flash
and Flex code (all because of bad marketing Flash muckraking). But even if
the projects are dead the least we could do is provide a graveyard here so
if we ever need to dig up their rotting corpses we can do so ...ok bad
analogy (I read too much hellboy).

@Mark & @Chris & @Justin
When I said vetting, I meant going through the legal process. I agree on
that part. I agree we need to make sure it's something we can all use
without worrying about copyright issues.