Hi,

> I saw some other projects put both headers in a file with mixed content.
> I don't think it is worth trying to find every instance of mixed content
> in our releases, but for Matrix and FlatUI it could make sense.  What are
> your thoughts on that?

Depends how much change has been made, an Apache header should not added and
the the original license keep unless there have been significant changes. [1]
(see 3,4 + 5)

> I don't know what lawyers would say, but IMO, a patch belongs to the
> person doing the modifications.

But I think you would agrees the patch file contains code that belongs to the
original copyright owners and those license need be be respected. I just notice
the patch actually removes the original license which is probably not a valid
thing to do. (see above)

Why not be on the safe side and mention it the source LICENSE (as there's no
harm done if it ever turns out they were not needed)? By not mentioning them
it’s probably a licensing error. Unless you really think it worth a delay in
asking asking legal discuss for clarification.

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party