On 9/13/16, 1:48 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Could someone please explain how these Website SCMs play together? I
>noticed recently that I updated the installer.xml, but my changes didn't
>directly find their way into the website, but now it's online. So there
>must be some mechanisms in play here.

AIUI, Flex is using The ASF CMS known as SVNPubSub.  Our SVN repo at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/flex/site/trunk
is watched for changes by a robot which builds a staging site, then on
approval, publishes to some other SVN copy that is served as flex.a.o.  A
commit to flex/site/trunk doesn't go public until you use the CMS to push
it to production.  Really painful, IMO, but good for major work since you
can see it staged first.  I wouldn't have any objection to changing, or
leveraging GitHub more.

I believe some projects have opted out of SVNPubSub and use different
processes to publish their sites.