On 9/15/16, 4:31 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> and often the message feels more like Justin is telling someone else to
>>do the work instead proposing "hey, I think we
>> should apply this patch to this file”.
>
>How much work is it (for instance) to add a header or add something to
>LICENSE?

Apparently too much for you to do it yourself?

I'm pretty sure we are well past the point of diminishing returns on this
thread, so let me try to close it.

In sum:
-Rolling a new RC may not be a great deal of effort, but it does cost us
in terms of time and energy and perception of how hard it is to be an RM
and hitting deadlines like Chris's talk that help us grow.
-The normal release process will provide a week or two for a Last Call to
try to provide a window to deal with all big ticket issues, not just
policy/legal ones.
-Once there is general consensus that the big ticket items have been
addressed and the RC is rolled out, I believe it would be better for the
community to make the release process quick and fun and postpone
controversial and detail issues until after the release vote is complete.
Doing so, might help us grow faster.  Doing what we are currently doing is
certainly not attracting new release managers and resulting in frustration
for those who have actually committed code that they want to release.

Can we all agree to do our part to change the old pattern and see if it
helps the community?