Hi Chris,

my thinking on this is different. Since 0.7, things start to settle a bit
and we reach a huge milestone. Until now, it was so difficult for people
out there to contribute or even know what's happening inside this project.
Thanks to some lines of work (maven, next gen, and many others,...) now we
can start to dig without getting stuck at first step. The main problem some
months ago was that I get lost easily and must to left...

This's not happen nowadays. Right now there's little info about what's
inside the box, since Alex, Josh, Peter, you,...are the guys that make it
happen, and you know all about of it, but this is not true for the rest.
Believe me that you're thinking "It seems that effort was a waste of time"
is totally wrong. Man, thinks start to be very promising in part thanks to
your hard work making things simpler than ever.

Thinking a bit about this, It's normal, since FlexJS is not a JS
framework...it's a complex technology to make things simpler than ever,
and take the state of art to this point, is hard time consuming, and very
hard to reach.

As documentation evolves and examples start to arise, I think more people
will join us, and we are not to far from that (I think), but first we need
to show examples (both running and code) on how we could get beautiful apps
written in MXML/AS3 running in the browser. For this reason, I'd want to
make a blog flexjs examples, but for me to make this, first I need to get
more knowledge about things that I'm just discovering, since there's no
docs or examples out there, but you guys know since you made it, and is
somehow natural for you.

In my case, all things happening in this project are  slowly going to the
place it should be. Still is a long-distance race, but it seems like the
hardest part is gone.

Maybe we would need to be more clear about what people could expect about a
1.0 release...what things we pursue for 0.8, 0.9 and 1.0, main plot.

so:

- lack of interest? Nope. just the inverse! :)

- lack of time? yes...I'm running a company, and is not easy experiment
with new tech in this circumstance.

- that you think this is too much rocket-science? / It's too complicated to
contribute

Right, is not possible for all people contribute, since we are talking
about compilers, languages, build tools, IDEs,...

- a consumer attitude that you just want to know what others are doing for
you?

I suppose that, as in many other projects, the user base should be maybe
90-10, and from that point expect people getting experienced with the tech,
comes the way down and end contributing, but with the time...

Chris, taking into account this project and its complexity, I think all is
going really well, and maybe we all want things happing much faster, but
maybe is not possible due to its own nature.