On 10/21/16, 12:17 PM, "carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos
Rovira" <carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of
carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>

>What should be possible in FlexJS, is for people to easily switch between
>> components sets by simply changing the URI assigned to the prefix:
>>   xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/mdl"
>>

>Right, but is not the perfect scenario...imagine change lots of file
>namespaces, I think we could not think of that like a long term solution.

Hmm. Why not?  I thought this was a great long-term solution.  You can try
different component sets merely by changing URIs.  That's better than
changing the js: to mdi: in every file.  How else would you want to do it?

>> >I'm finding some more few things:
>> >* With MDL I'm inserting classNames inside class components, what I
>>don't
>> >like since is a clear mixing of AS3 code declaration with CSS styles.
>>

>I'm using that way since I don't not any other at this moment, but you
>will
>agree with me that
>having to mix in the component AS3 class code a visual configuration is
>bad.
>If we could assign CSS class in a CSS file that would be perfect for
>separation, but I think this is not possible.
>anyway, I expect to continue working and left that problem for later time.

Does CSS have a way to do that?  If not, we can cook up something else. We
have extended the type selector model.  We could make it possible to set
the class in from a TypeSelector.

>Also, the SWC is supposed to package its default.css with the components
>> that will generate the expected sub-DOM-tree.  Then you have
>> self-contained deployable component sets.  But you are right that the
>> defaults.css from HTML.swc is leaking through and that needs to be
>>fixed.
>>

>Yes, I think this is very much needed. I'm getting lots of headaches with
>styles coming over and over again as I make progress in the MDL project.
>So If you could implement that compiler flag to remove all CSS from
>included libraries that would be awesome.

I will look into it.