Hi,

The Adobe AIR SDK 24 is available in beta form at [1] and is incompatible
with our installers (both for regular Flex as well as FlexJS).  So, our
users currently will not be able to use the Installer or Ant to set up
with Adobe AIR 24 or later.  I have created JIRA issues FLEX-35166 and
FLEX-35167 to track.

Apparently, the Adobe AIR SDK contains executables like ADL and ADT and
security software is starting to flag and prevent delivery of executables
via compressed archives, so Adobe decided to switch from ZIP and TBZ2
files to EXE and DMG files.  I can't imagine Adobe changes its mind on
this, so I think our installers simply have to respond.  This also means
that, without some serious hacking in our Installer, that folks will never
be able to install current or older Flex and FlexJS SDKs with Adobe AIR 24
or later.

We need to decide how urgent this issue is, but I'm assuming for now that
folks want to see the next Flex SDK release work with Adobe AIR 24 and
later.